Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Meeting Mason

The hospital where Mason was born was seriously amazing. In addition to the fantastic birthing suite the postpartum suite was just as wonderful. There was real linens, a view of the golf course across the highway and even 24/7 room service. Yes, room service. Not your average hospital cafeteria sandwich and cold soup. As soon as I was transferred to my recovery room the nurse asked nutrition services to get me something to eat. I ordered a French dip with mashed potatoes and gravy and it was wonderful. I really enjoyed it. All the meals were really enjoyable.

Another perk of this hospital was the on staff photographer. The day we were supposed to be discharged she came by and took Mason's first photos. I really love them because they capture this moment perfectly. The little details that you have in the hospital that you sometimes miss in candid photos -- the hospital blankets, the little bed they first have, all the things that bring you back to those first days are in the photos she took. I will always cherish them. Plus, I didn't have to schedule and prep for a whole newborn session. She came in and knocked them out in just 45 minutes. I do wish the girls had been there, too, though. These are a few of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment