Wednesday, July 20, 2011

50 Weeks!

MONTH: 12
WEEK: 50
WEIGHT: 23lbs 15.5oz -- according to the doctor's scale on Monday. I will note that this was fully clothed and with a wet diaper, so while she is a big girl, she's not that big!
LENGTH: 30+ lbs 
HEAD: 18+ in.
MILESTONES: Avery has her first ear infection. Poor baby has to take Amoxicillin twice a day for 10 days. So far she has been a trooper. She's also learned to clap with sound and use a sippy. It's been a busy week!
OBLIGATORY ADORABLE PICTURE: Justin always has the magic touch when it comes to getting her to sit semi-still and make a face other than sticking her tongue out. Luckily he was home today when we took this photo. It's actually one of my favorites of the year.
EATING: We are not introducing any new foods for a couple of weeks since she is taking this antibiotic for the first time. If she has an allergic reaction we need to know that it is the medicine and not a new food.
SLEEPING: Now that she has been on the antibiotic for a few days she seems to be sleeping a little better. On Tuesday she took a 4 hour nap at Ma'am's house. She also only woke twice on Monday night which meant I slept from midnight until 5 am solid. I felt like a whole new person!
VISITS/OUTINGS: Avery has been visiting with her cousin Kayla a lot since she has been here. She's also going to be visiting Ma'am three days a week for the next 6 weeks since I enrolled in a fitness bootcamp to hopefully get myself back into shape!
FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Avery has become a huge fan of emptying every single cabinet in the kitchen, so we have had to babyproof the ones that are not safe for her to play in. I put locks on all but one cabinet which has the tupperware and sippy cups. Those she can throw about the kitchen as she pleases.
MOMMY FEELS: Refreshed. Just the one great night of sleep gives me a fresh outlook. 
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: I am looking forward to these last two weeks with my baby. After that I will have a toddler. For that I am just not ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment