Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oct. 21, 2010 vs. Oct. 21, 2011

When she was little people used to ask what happen in a shocked tone. For a long time I would look at her and ask, "Oh no! What do you mean?" Thinking in the 2.4557885 seconds I looked away she somehow sustained some major injury. In reality they were just referring to her hemangioma. I would always reply with the short answer that it was a birth mark, but that isn't exactly true. 

A birthmark is one that will not go away and this one will -- eventually. I have noticed over the last 6 months or so it has really lightened up and started spreading out as her face grew which makes it look even lighter. We are told that by the time she is 2 it will be completely gone, but truth be told I hardly notice it anymore. And we never get the comments we used to.
2010

2011

1 comment:

  1. D has these too and they are in an unfortunate location, but I've noticed they have faded too.

    ReplyDelete