Thursday, June 7, 2012

1 month!

THIS MONTH YOUR BABY MAY BE ABLE TO: 
  • lift her head slightly as her neck muscles strengthen Olivia has always had excellent neck control but the last week or so it has really improved. It's so cute to see her try to look at me when she is on my shoulder.
  • focus her eyes on your face as she begins to learn how to focus both eyes together Avery was constantly going cross-eyed trying to focus on things even into her third month. Olivia on the other hand has been able to focus fairly well. She still does go cross-eyed occasionally which is actually really cute!
  • visually follow an object that moves about 6 inches above her face (high-contrast colors such as black and white are what she can see best at this time) Honestly I don't think I've really noticed if she can do this or not. When we play with toys I am usually just making sure Avery doesn't drop it on her face or smack her with it.
  • blink at a bright light Who doesn't blink at bright light? She definitely doesn't like the sun in their eyes.
  • recognize familiar sounds and voices and respond by turning her head toward them Olivia recognized Justin and I by turning to us. She also looks at Avery when she talks, but I'm not sure if she actually 'recognizes' Avery by her voice or just that she is very loud.
  • grip your finger when you stroke her palm—part of her developing grasping reflex She loves to hold on to my finger and I love it just as much.
  • turn toward your finger when you rub a corner of her mouth (this rooting instinct is what helps her to latch onto your nipple for feeding) I love touching her lips because they are so small and cute and she makes little faces with them but I also noticed she does turn towards my hand too.
  • recognize you by your scent (she can smell your milk if you’re breastfeeding) I am not sure if she recognizes me, but if she is really upset I am able to soothe her better than anyone else so I guess she recognizes me somehow and scent makes sense.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment