Thursday, July 19, 2012

Olivia: 3 months!

THIS MONTH YOUR BABY MAY BE ABLE TO:

  • bring her hands together and reach for nearby objects as her coordination skills develop Olivia loves to grab the toys above her when she is playing on her playmat.
  • consciously unfold her tight fists She holds so tightly on the toys that I have to rub the back of her hand to get her to let go when I need to pick her up while she is playing.
  • suck on her fingers as she continues to explore her environment with her mouth I noticed her sucking on her thumb the other day. She's only done it a couple of times that I've seen, but Avery never did so it's definitely something new for us!
  • practice focusing her eyes by maintaining eye contact with you I love trying to get Olivia to focus on me. Almost immediately I can get her to smile when she does look at me.
  • perceive color differences more clearly (she’ll prefer bright primary colors; similar color tones can be hard for newborns to distinguish) I'm not sure about this. She can't exactly tell me what she can see. Obviously.
  • focus on very small objects I don't usually let small objects get near her as good practice for when she is in that everything-goes-in-my-mouth stage, but she is getting better at focusing on things that are very close. Especially sister's face. Avery loves to get nose to nose with Olivia.
  • begin to follow you with her eyes We practice this sometimes. She is very good at following and now that she has great neck control she can follow even further.
  • turn toward the sound of your familiar voice as her ability to locate and recognize sounds improves I always greet Olivia in the morning from the bed. Lately she has been turning her head to me when I do. She also looks around for Justin when he enters the room and talks. It's really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment