Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Olivia: 4 months!

Weight: 15lbs 3oz
Height: 25.25 in
Head circ.: 16.5 in


THIS MONTH YOUR BABY MAY BE ABLE TO:

  • squeal and laugh with delight Laughing is the newest trick and it is absolutely adorable! Listening to my girls' laughs is probably my favorite sound in the world.
  • make "raspberry" sounds with her lips Olivia sure loves making raspberry sounds and bubbles with her mouth!
  • experiment by making new sounds She has been "talking" up a storm lately and is such a chatter box.
  • make sounds in response to you She even "talks" back when I make silly noises with her.
  • track moving objects as her head and neck development work together Olivia is definitely gaining focus. She loves to watch Avery has she moves toys and books all around her head. She also follows my hand as it's between her face and whatever Avery has in front of her face so that when inevitably Avery drops it I can swat it away before it whacks Olivia in the face.
  • roll over—usually from front to back—as muscles continue to develop As of Saturday Olivia can officially roll over from her belly to her back AND from her back to her belly. She is a real rolie polie.
  • raise herself up on straightened arms while lying on her tummy, looking all around as neck muscles strengthen Olivia really hates tummy time and will only now tolerate it for more than a minute or so. She keeps trying to push herself up but she can't hold herself up for more than a few seconds.
  • grasp a rattle with stronger hand muscles Not only can she grasp the rattle she can even pass it from one hand to another without dropping it. Totally advanced, I know. My genius.
  • bear weight on both legs I swear if she had balance she would just walk away. She loves standing on both legs and even likes to bounce.
  • start to sleep through the night Ya right. She still wakes twice a night to nurse, but I don't mind (too much, anyways) because I love the quiet time with just she and I where I don't have Avery jumping on my lap rushing me to get done.
  • begin to show interest in solid foods by reaching for mom and dad's food at the table or other food in her line of sight Nope. She is not at all interested in food -- only the boob. For that reason we will not be starting any type of food for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment