Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is this for real?

That question is one I have been asking myself every day since Dec. 3, 2009 -- the day we found out I am pregnant -- again.

Last year was a tumultuous one. We tried for months and finally succeeded in September only to have it taken away before it really began. So when we saw those two pink lines again I couldn't help but think that it could all be over just as quickly as it started.

After weeks of paralyzing fear, I think I've come to realize that this might actually be happening. Today I sit here almost twice as pregnant as I was the day we lost our peanut. It is an amazing feeling to know that I might actually have my forever baby in just under 7 months.

So while the ride might be bumpy -- the biggest one being my expanding belly -- I am determined to enjoy the journey. Bring it on: the good, the bad, and even the hemorrhoids. Well, I could probably do without the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment