Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy First Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was Avery's first Thanksgiving. To me it was her first big holiday. (I don't really count Halloween since there is really no deeper meaning than seeing how much candy you can get from complete strangers -- but I digress.)

A didn't seem to think sleeping in was a great idea, so our day started at 6:45. We stayed in our pj's until about noon when Justin and I got ready to go to his Aunt Chris & Uncle Glenn's house. We were told to be there between 2:00 and 2:30 and being perpetually late now that we have a baby in tow, we made a concerted effort to be on time. Success! We were one of the first ones there!

It had been a long time since anyone in Justin's extended family had seen A and since she is the only baby on his side she was the center of attention. She was loving all the attention for a while until inevitably it got loud. And when I say loud, I mean loud!

So we found a quiet(er) place in the house to hang out. Some people came and visited with us one on one and we got some great photos.

One particular one I really like is one of A, Aunt Stacy, and Great Grandpa Delbert (who's 88!). We also got a great shot of Justin and I with A.

For your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment