Saturday, March 20, 2010

19 weeks 5 days!

I love surveys, and thanks to Makayla I have one more!

About the Mommy:
Hair Color: Light brown, I'd really like to dye it but I've heard you're supposed to stay away from hair dye, so I will wait... probably.
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Complexion: Clear -- I mean white. In the winter I turn in to Casper the friendly ghost.
Age: 22
First Child? Yep! We've been waiting for you little one!


About the Daddy:
Hair Color: Dark brown with a little gray... but not quite salt and pepper -- yet. ;-)
Eye Color: Hazel
Skin Complexion: Tanner than mom, but not dark.
Age: 27
First Child? Yes.

Finding Out:
What day did you find out? December 2nd @ 4 weeks 2 days
How did you feel when you found out? Excited: I couldn't sleep the whole night before knowing I was going to take the test in the morning. Shocked: Because I didn't think there was going to be a good shot that month. Petrified: I wanted to hold my little baby so badly and I was afraid of everything.
Who was the first person you told? Justin, of course. He was sleeping (it was like 6am) and I ran in, flicked on the light and shoved the test in his face.
How did they react? Once his eyes adjusted to the light he just grinned at me. He was happy, but I'm not sure I have him enough time to fully comprehend what I had just told him.


Telling the Parents and Grandparents:
How did your parents react? They cried.
How did his parents react? So excited! We told them on Christmas eve, and his mom showed the ultrasound picture to everyone who came over!
Are they helping with baby names? Not really. They are really good about not putting their opinions in unless asked.
Have they bought anything for the baby yet? I've seen a few things here and there, but I am afraid of what will happen when we find out for sure the sex!
How often do they call and check on you? Since Justin's parent's live in town we see them once a week at least.

About the Pregnancy:
When was your first appointment? December 22nd, 2009
When is your due date? August 9, 2010
How far along are you? 19 weeks 5 days
Pre-pregnancy weight? 155
Weight now? 154
Have you had any ultrasounds? Four! And another one on Monday, too!
Have you heard the heartbeat? Yes! First heard on January 7, 2010 @ 180bpm! Now I can hear it any time I want with the doppler machine I bought for home. :-)

About the Delivery:
Are you going to videotape it? Maybe.
Are you allowing everyone in the room? It will be Justin and me and maybe Amanda if she can make it in time!
Medications or Natural? Probably medicated because I am a big baby!
C-Section? Water Birth? Natural? I would prefer vaginal, but whatever is best for baby!
Will you cry when you hold your baby for the first time? Absolutely. I am so emotional, especially now!
Will daddy cry? He tries to be "manly" but I know he will.
Are you scared about the labor? Umm... yea!

Names:
Is your baby going to be named after someone? Depending on the gender, he/she might be.
Name: We're not telling until birth! (At least that's the plan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment