Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sneak Peek!

This morning we had another doctor's appointment with my regular OB. Normally they'd do our gender determination, but since we scheduled it with the Perinatologist, we were just going in for a check up. I had mentioned to Justin that maybe if the OB had time this morning I might be able to convince him to do a quick ultrasound to check for gender.

Our appointment was for 8:15 and after sitting in the room for 25 minutes popped her head in to say that the doctor should be there in a few minutes, he was running late. Once he finally showed up at 5 minutes til 9, we got started. I was kind of disappointed because I knew if he was already running late, there's no way he would do something extra for us, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyways.

He asked if anything exciting was going on and I said, "Actually no. It's particularly NOT exciting because the Peri wouldn't move up my ultrasound and I am very impatient." He just nodded his head and asked a few more questions and listened to the heart beat, which was 150! The he was getting all his stuff together and said if we wanted to wait a couple minutes he would move me to an ultrasound room and give us a sneak peek to find out the gender!

I was so excited! Justin was already going to be late, so we figured what's a couple more minutes! We moved into the other room and the doctor came back after about 10 minutes. He put the wand on my belly and voila! There was the baby! We have a little acrobat!

At very first glance he said he thought he saw a "penile structure", but after some adjustment of the want to get a better picture, he said the baby had it's foot tucked right under it's butt and what he thought was a penis could have been a toe. With some poking and prodding he never saw the "penile structure" again, so that would lead him to believe it was a girl!

So since our little one is as stubborn as both his/her parents, we won't know for sure until March 22nd.

In other news, everything else looked great. The doctor did say that I need to pick it up with weight gain. I gained 4lbs in the last 4 weeks, but I am still less than pre-pregnancy. He said that if I don't gain another 4lbs in the next 4 weeks he will send me to a nutritionist. Good thing it's Girl Scout cookie season. :-)

Next up... BIG ULTRASOUND on March 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment