Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This Sunday was my very first Mother's Day with a baby on the outside. After all we've been through to get where we are and to have Avery there are so many things I feel about this special day. Throughout the day I was thinking about what the day really meant to me. Here's what I came up with:

I am so blessed. I mean blessed beyond words. When asked if I wanted something for Mother's Day several things came to mind. I would really like some help around the house. I would really like a new camera.

All of the things I thought about were all things I could use to better the time I spend with A. After pondering that for a while I realized that I already had everything I wanted. The best gift I could possibly receive I already had. The number one gift to get for Mother's Day is the gift of motherhood.

Here's a cute picture of A
while we were shopping!
I know it seems sort of like a given, but in my experience I've learned that just because you celebrate Mother's Day doesn't necessarily mean you are able to be a mother to an earthly child.

But me? I do. And that makes me blessed.

On this day that is set aside to celebrate moms everywhere, my wonderful husband made sure to make me feel appreciated. He knows how hard I've been working on losing weight and how dissatisfied I've been with the way my clothes fit, so he took me shopping. We went to Walnut Creek and after browsing in Crate and Barrel, Barnes and Noble and a few other stores we ended up at H&M.

H&M is my absolute favorite store. I love how cute the clothes are and the prices are perfect. I got a couple of cute pieces and got to spend a great day with my amazing husband and adorable baby girl. It was absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. wahoo, sounds like you had a great day! Chad also took me shopping as my mothers day gift! LOL, great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete