Sunday, May 1, 2011

38 Weeks!


MONTH: 9
WEEK: 38
WEIGHT: My best guess is about 21lbs 
LENGTH: 28 inches by my estimate
HEAD: Approx. 18inches
MILESTONES: Avery is a professional waver. She has finally mastered the concept of waving hi and bye. At first she thought it was only for goodbye. It's pretty cute.
OBLIGATORY ADORABLE PICTURE: We Finally have settled in to our new apartment enough to take a photo this week. I am so sad that we missed last week, but we are back in the swing of things and I don't plan on missing another. 
EATING: Avery has become a super eater. She has had several new foods lately including butternut squash, mango, and raspberry sorbet. She is so adventurous and interested in food. She loves to feed herself and it's so fun to watch.

SLEEPING: Avery has been sleeping in her crib all night for the last two weeks. It happened by accident. She normally starts the night in her crib and then after her first wake-up and bottle she would sleep with us the rest of the night. As the weeks went by she kept pushing back the feeding until one day she just didn't wake to eat until morning. Now she is up by 6:30 at the latest, but there is no middle of the night feedings. On the one hand it's great getting consistent, continuous sleep but boy do I miss my sleep snuggles and the smiling face first thing when I wake up. 
VISITS/OUTINGS: On Saturday we walked in the March for babies. We were able to join some very good friends and we had a great time. 
FAVORITE ACTIVITIES: Avery has a new favorite activity: Screaming at the top of her lungs. It is a blood-curling, eardrum-piercing, help-me-I'm-being-skinned-alive type scream. She does it all.the.time and just thinks it's utterly hysterical..  
MOMMY FEELS: Exhausted. After two weekends of moving and all the packing, unpacking, cleaning, walking, organizing, etc. I am ready for a vacation.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: our vacation coming up Memorial Day weekend. I am so looking forward to authentic ebelskivers without all the dishes and a great 3 day weekend with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment