Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's love.

When I was pregnant I got all kinds of advice from other moms about what was a "must have" because their baby couldn't live without it. Now that I am a mother I have made a concerted effort not to push products, my opinions, etc on other mothers because all babies are different.

Case and point:
I was told we must have a swing. Being that we only have 750sqft we decided to get a travel swing for the sake of space. BIG mistake. She hated it. I couldn't figure it out. I mean a swing is a swing, right? Wrong. We were at a friend's house one day who has a son a month older than A. She fell asleep in my arms (A, that is. Not the friend.) and said friend suggested I put her in her son's cradle swing. She loved it and was out like a light! The next day we got one.

That was our first lesson learned.

The second lesson is documented here. We were given a play mat by my SIL, Carrie. A would lay on it for a bit and then get bored and fuss. Then we were visiting with my friend, Christina, and I saw she had this fantastic play mat with tons of toys that made all kinds of sounds. I decided I would give it a try and went and bought one the next day. Ever since then it's been a whirlwind romance between A and her beloved play mat.

Laughing like a fool.

"Why are you interrupting me, Mom?"

1 comment:

  1. X HATES his swing. I'm hesitant to shell out another $125, he's just not into it. Sigh. He does love the discount play mat we got him. and, when I took him to work and forgot all his toys, I entertained him with a (taped up)box of tic tacs.

    ReplyDelete