Sunday, December 5, 2010

A tradition is born.

Being December, it is time to start decorating for Christmas. It's my favorite time of year and usually Justin is a huge Grinch. This year, however, is different. It's Avery's first Christmas. Whenever I ask him to do something holiday related instead of getting complaints he is totally on board.

Today we decided to go get our Christmas tree. Instead of just going to Target or even to a lot we wanted to have a full on Christmas experience. So we got in the Jeep and drove 35 minutes to the mountains just past Calistoga to Pochini Family Farm.

When we got there we got a saw and a cart and trekked up the mountain in the mud (with Avery in the Ergo!) to find the perfect tree. We got to a spot that had a great selection and as soon as we stopped Avery started wailing. So I walked back to the trail so as not to drop her when I took her out of the Ergo. From the trail I helped Justin pick out a tree that looked perfect. He cut it down and I calmed Avery down. Once he got the tree back to the trail we put it on the cart and headed back down the mountain.

He stood it up to look at it in all its glory and we realized that only half the tree was perfect. The other half looks like Charlie Brown's tree's long lost brother. It's so sad looking. I can't help but love the tree even more. It was so fun to go out, pick a tree and cut it down. It is for sure a new family tradition that I cannot wait to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment