Wednesday, January 5, 2011

5 Months!

I think I will say this every time I do a month photo, but I can't believe another month has passed. She has grown so much. She has so many new and fun 'tricks'. I just love watching her learn all there is know about life.

THIS MONTH YOUR BABY MAY:

  • reach accurately for an object as eye-hand coordination improves She is getting better at this. I can see her focusing on something and reaching her hand out for it. Her hand gets shaky as she tries to focus if the item is small.
  • hold her head steady when sitting upright as neck muscles strengthen Oh definitely.
  • sit supported for up to 30 minutes and sit alone for a few moments as back muscles strengthen. She's actually hates sitting up, but loves to lap-stand. If I try to let her sit supported by the Boppy or other pillow she will not just fall back, but thrust herself back.
  • roll from stomach to back She will do this almost as soon as I put her on her stomach because she hates tummy time.
  • raise her chest with arm support while lying on her stomach as arm muscles get stronger She will raise her chest up for a few minutes -- until she rolls over. Ha!
  • mimic sounds and gestures We love to play Simon-Does where I will stick out my tongue and she does it back. She does the same thing with blowing raspberries.
  • repeat strings of syllables in a rhythmic way Bababababa is what we hear all the time.
  • babble to get attention I'm not sure if she knows that babbling will get her attention, but it definitely does. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.
  • show positive reaction to different sounds She definitely doesn't care for loud noises when it's quiet but other than that nothing really seems to bother her.
  • make different sounds for different needs She has very distinct noises/cries for different things. We know exactly what they are, but if you asked me to explain them to you I'd be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment