Friday, January 14, 2011

The difference a year makes.

In November 2009 Justin and I were just recovering from the miscarriage and I was especially vulnerable. It tore my heart out just to walk by the baby aisle at Target. Then one day I had to buy something for a friend of mine's son's first birthday. We went shopping even though I never found something for her son I just had to buy this cute green sleeper with little football-playing dinosaurs.

At the time I thought I would forever have an empty uterus and would be haunted by this empty piece of clothing, but I didn't care. Apparently self torture was my way of coping.

Now, 14 months later, that sleeper is not so empty. My amazing, beautiful, perfect baby girl finally fills it out. It's so amazing the difference a year makes.

1 comment:

  1. she's such a cutie!!! Love the sleeper though she looks less than thrilled

    ReplyDelete