Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Curtain bling.

In our new apartment Avery's room faces East and in the morning it is very bright. It's especially bright right around the time of her morning nap. A couple of weeks ago I bought some blackout curtains that do a great job of darkening the room. Unfortunately once she is up I had been having a hard time finding a way to keep them open so she didn't continuously think it was naptime.

I decided I would make some curtain ties. I printed out a flower shape in four different sizes, pinned the patterns to felt in fuchsia, light pink and white. Once I cut out all eight -- two in each of the four sizes -- I put them together with a dab of hot glue between each layer. Then I took some embroidery floss and stitched a spiral in the center.

Once the flowers were done I stitched a piece of hook & loop to opposite sides of a piece of 1/2" grosgrain ribbon on either end. Then I hot glued the finished flower to one end of the ribbon on the opposite side as the hook & loop.

I love how it dresses up her otherwise blase curtains.



No comments:

Post a Comment